1045 Maryland Avenue 1045 Maryland Avenue
The Cottage on Maryland Avenue
Rent as 5 bedroom beach house or 3 bedroom beach house
New availability! Additional weeks have now been priced and released to rent.
Scroll down for complete details.
Enjoy your vacation at this delightful beach house with a great location that is convenient and quiet. Originally a 1960’s cottage, you’ll enjoy just enough of the charm, coziness, and tradition of your memories of trips to the Jersey Shore, yet with all of the modern-day conveniences. The 1st floor has been completed remodeled and the 2nd floor added.
- Ideal location! Less than 300 yards to the beach. 3 blocks to boardwalk. 4-6 blocks to historic district/shopping. You’ll be close to the beach, boardwalk, and shopping, yet on a quiet street with ample parking.
- Options! 5 bedrooms/2 ½ bathrooms for up to 10 people OR from Sept to June, you can rent just the 1st-floor cottage for couples or smaller families of 2-6 people. Either way, your family will be sleeping in beds and bedrooms– not cots, sofas or floors like some rentals.
- Some 5 and 6 night stays! We offer select 5 and 6 night stays that are popular with people who want to avoid traffic or enjoy a day or two at home. Plus 3 night weekends in the spring and fall.
- Well maintained! Unlike most beach house rentals, we make improvements every off-season, so the house is very well maintained.
- Save $$$! Renters that rent direct are exempt from taxes per updated NJ law. This saves you several hundred dollars (13.25% state/county/local tax) Also no VRBO fees (10%) or realtor administration fees with our rental.
- Relax! Screened 1st-floor porch in the front, 2 decks in the back, plus a nice rear yard for kids to play.
The house is in a residential area of town with ample free parking on the street plus a parking pad. While on vacation, you can view the “picture book” at the house to see how it looked in the 60s and all of the work we put into renovations over the years. Recent improvements include including new bathrooms, kitchen, windows, central air-conditioning, wireless internet, painting all of the bedrooms “beachy” colors, stainless steel appliances for the kitchen, new flooring, mattresses, and more.
The Family Room provides a great place to come together as a family, play Wii, board games or watch a movie on the wall-mounted LED TV with DVD player and a library of movies. It has new wood laminate floors and comfortable furniture. It is bright from the 9 foot sliding door leading to a screened front porch. The screened front porch is great for reading the morning paper before others rise. It has a small table plus a wicker loveseat and chair, both with seat cushions. At night you can hear the ocean waves in the distance when the wind is coming off the ocean.
“Ocean Breeze” is Bedroom 1 is in the front corner and has a new Queen mattress. It has double windows on the front and a single window on the side. There is a wonderful cross breeze and sounds of the ocean in the distance when the weather is moderate and the AC is off. Also, a full-size armoire for storage.
Palm Plantation” is Bedroom 2 and is the master bedroom in the rear left corner. Light and bright with a Sleigh bed and Queen mattress – and with the recent renovation, it now has an attached half bath and wall-mounted LED TV.
“Kids Hideout” is Bedroom 3 and usually where the kids sleep, as I did during the 1960s! Twin over twin bunk bed with stairs plus single bed (keep your suitcases on upper bunk if you don’t want your children to use it.) Nice big double window overlooking the big backyard plus a big armoire to hang clothes or put them in drawers.
The full bathroom is completely new and has a double sink vanity, brightened by a window, and complete with a tub/shower. Next to it is a stacked washer dryer if you really want to do laundry while on vacation but most people just bring enough clothes.
The kitchen has new cabinets and a neat refurbished butcher block table that seats 8+. The adjacent dry bar seats another 2 with plenty of dry storage below. The kitchen has double windows on the side and another 9-foot slider, opening to the big back deck.
The back deck is where you’ll want to hang out before going to dinner, with its large table and umbrella. Wide stairs off the deck open up to the big backyard where the kids can play. A beach cart/wagon to tote the provided beach chairs and umbrella plus adult beach tags. When you return from the beach, you’ll enjoy a full hot and cold enclosed shower. We provide beach buckets in each room to carry your shower supplies to alfresco showering. The grill is ready for an old-fashioned cookout – perhaps while sitting back having a beer or glass of wine as the kids enjoy the private backyard for playing soccer, horseshoes, or more. Bring your bikes and chain them up to the clothes pole when you’re not exploring Cape May.
Our 5 bedroom beach house includes 2 bedrooms and a full bath upstairs plus a rear 2nd-floor deck.
“Surfcomber” is Bedroom 4 and is the corner bedroom with a Queen-size bed and windows on the side and back.
“Lighthouse Room” is Bedroom 5 – a mini-suite because it is similar to a lighthouse, being that it is at the top! Moderate in size, but cozy with its own full bathroom, Queen-size bed, and wall-mounted LED TV. It can be accessed from inside or its own separate entrance and has a 2nd-floor sundeck that faces the backyard.
Fall 2020 Rates See Oct and Nov 2021 pricing below.
2021 Rates and Availability Rev 10-2-20
Direct from owner rates Good News: Renters that rent direct from the owner are exempt from taxes per updated NJ law. This saves you several hundred dollars (13.25% state/county/local tax) compared to renting on national websites that must collect taxes. Also no VRBO fees (10%) or realtor administration fees. We suggest you invest your savings in CFAR trip insurance. 5 and 6 night special are available for some stays. They allow renters to avoid heavy traffic days and have a transition day at home in addition to their vacation while saving money.
- 5BR house (sleeps up to 10 maximum) including the 2 bedrooms upstairs.
- 3BR 1st floor (sleeps 2 to 6 maximum) Same house, we just lock off the 2nd floor. Only available this way Sept to June. You still have 3 BR, 1 1/2 BA, Kitchen, LR, screened in deck, rear deck, yard.
|SPRING:||5 BR House Rental||3BR House Rental|
|APRIL||$1595/wk Fri – Fri
$995/4 nights Mon-Fri
$995/ Fri-Mon long weekends
$795/ Fri-Mon long weekends
Prior to Memorial day.
Fri – Sun night of Memorial Weekend is not available
$1195/ Mon-Fri midweek
$1195 Fri-Mon long weekends
$895 Fri-Mon long weekends
|SUMMER:||5 BR House Rental||3BR House Rental|
|Mon 5/31 – Fri 6/4 (5-night special)||$1995||$1695|
|JUNE: Prices progress as getting later in prime season.|
|Fri 6/4 – Fri 6/11||$3195||$2595|
|Fri 6/11 – Fri 6/18||$3395||$2795|
|Fri 6/18 – Fri 6/25||$3695||$3095|
|Mon 7/5 – Sat 7/10 (5-night special)||$3295||2895|
|Sat 7/17 – Fri 7/23 (6-night special)||$3895||–|
|AUG: $4495 /wk.|
|Sat 8/7 – Sat 8/14||$4495||–|
|Sun 8/29 – Fri 9/3 (5-night special)||$3295||–|
|SEPT: Prices go down progressively even though it’s still summer and often the nicest month.|
|Mon 9/6 – Sat 9/11 (5-night special)||$2395||$2095|
|Sat 9/11 – Fri 9/17 (6-night special)||$2595||$2095|
|Fri 9/17 – Fri 9/24||$2695||$2195|
|Mon 9/27-Fri 10/1 (5-night special)||$1395||$1195|
|FALL:||5 BR House Rental||3BR House Rental|
$1095/ Mon-Fri midweek
$1095 Fri-Mon long weekend
$895/ Mon-Fri midweek
$895 Fri-Mon long weekend
Not including holidays
$995/ Mon-Fri midweek
$995 Fri-Mon long weekend
$795/ Mon-Fri midweek
$795 Fri-Mon long weekend
The last few weeks of Sept (as well as Oct, Nov, April, and May) can be rented in various ways depending on availability so email us if you don’t see the scenario you prefer.
- All rates and dates subject to landlord’s mistakes/inability to look at calendar correctly;)
- No pets. No smoking inside. No exceptions. Evidence of smoking or pets is cause for eviction, loss of remaining days, and security deposit.
- Maximum # of people I 10 for 5BR rentals, 6 for 3BR rentals, including kids.
- For any house you rent, we suggest renters use the hundreds of dollars you are saving in taxes and fees renting direct and consider travel insurance since reservations cannot be refunded. I’m not an expert at insurance but ask your provider about different types and what they do or don’t cover – CFAR Cancel Any Reason Trip cancelation or interruption, medical, evacuation, theft, and pre-existing conditions.
- After agreeing on a stay and reviewing info on surfrentals dot com, I will email you a lease in which you return regular US mail postmarked and in the mail within 2 days. The amounts specified in the lease (about 1/2 rent) is 1st payment with a signed lease. Balance, $500 security dep, and $135 cleaning service fee ($110 when renting 3BR 1st floor) are due with 2nd payment on 3/1/21 for summer rentals. If the house is left extra dirty and requires more cleaning, the tenant is responsible for the service’s additional charges
- Tenant provides all linens or may arrange for them with a local linen service like geareduprentals.com or linenladies.com 90% of our renters simply bring them from home. For health reasons, in 2020, we will not provide bedspreads or blankets so be sure to bring your own. This may also be for 2021. All mattresses and pillows are covered with special waterproof membrane full encasement covers.