1045 Maryland Avenue 1045 Maryland Avenue
The Cottage on Maryland Avenue
Scroll down for complete details, rates, and availability calendar.
Enjoy your vacation at this delightful beach house with a great location that is convenient and quiet. Originally a 1960’s cottage, you’ll enjoy just enough of the charm, coziness, and tradition of your memories of trips to the Jersey Shore, yet with all of the modern-day conveniences. The 1st floor has been completed remodeled and the 2nd floor added.
- Ideal location! Less than 300 yards to the beach. 3 blocks to boardwalk. 4-6 blocks to historic district/shopping. You’ll be close to the beach, boardwalk, and shopping, yet on a quiet street with ample parking.
- Options! 5 bedrooms/2 ½ bathrooms for up to 10 people maximum (OR from Sept to June, you can rent just the 1st-floor cottage for couples or smaller families of 2-6 people.) Either way, your family will be sleeping in beds and bedrooms– not cots, sofas, or floors like some rentals.
- Some 5 and 6 night stays! We offer select 5 and 6 night stays that are popular with people who want to avoid traffic, save money, or enjoy a day or two at home. Plus 3 night weekends in the spring and fall.
- Well maintained! Unlike most beach house rentals, we make improvements every off-season, so the house is very well maintained.
- Relax! Screened 1st-floor porch in the front, 2 decks in the back, plus a nice rear yard for kids to play.
Direct from owner rates. Good News: Renters that rent direct from owner are exempt from taxes per updated NJ law. This saves you several hundred dollars (13.25% state/county/local tax) compared to renting on national websites that must collect taxes. Also no VRBO fees (10%) or realtor administration fees. We suggest you invest your 23-25% savings in CFAR trip insurance. Same house rented two ways:
- 5BR house (sleeps up to 10) including the 2 bedrooms upstairs.
- 3BR 1st floor (sleeps 2 to 6) Same house, we just lock off 2nd floor. Only available Sept to mid-June. You still have 3 BR, 1 1/2 BA, Kitchen, LR, screened in deck, rear deck, and yard.
For our current rates, please click this link: www.surfrentals.com/rates-%26-avail
For availability please scroll down to the calendar at bottom of this page.
This house does not allow smoking, pets or parties. The maximum # of people
permitted, including children and infants, are 10 for 5 bedroom rentals and 6 for 3
More details about the house:
The Family Room provides a great place to come together as a family, play Wii, board games or watch a movie on the wall-mounted LED TV with a DVD player with a library of movies. It has laminate wood floors and comfortable furniture. It is bright from the 9 foot sliding door leading to a screened front porch. The screened front porch is great for reading the morning paper before others rise. It has a small table plus a wicker loveseat and chair. At night you can hear the ocean waves in the distance when the wind is coming off the ocean. “Ocean Breeze” is Bedroom 1 is in the front corner and has a new Queen mattress. It has double windows on the front and a single window on the side. There is a wonderful cross breeze and sounds of the ocean in the distance when the weather is moderate and the AC is off. Also, a full-size armoire for storage. Palm Plantation” is Bedroom 2 and is the master bedroom in the rear left corner. Light and bright with a Sleigh bed and Queen mattress, and a wall-mounted LED TV – plus an attached half bathroom.
“Kids Hideout” is Bedroom 3 and usually where the kids sleep, as I did during the 1960s! Twin over twin bunk bed with stairs plus single bed (keep your suitcases on upper bunk if you don’t want your children to use it.) Nice big double window overlooking the big backyard plus a big armoire to hang clothes or put them in drawers.
The full bathroom has a double sink vanity, brightened by a window, and complete with a tub/shower. Next to it is a stacked washer dryer if you really want to do laundry while on vacation but most people just bring enough clothes.
The kitchen has new cabinets and a neat refurbished butcher block table that seats 8+. The adjacent dry bar seats another 2 with dry storage below. The kitchen has double windows on the side and another 9-foot slider, opening to the big back deck.
The back deck is where you’ll want to hang out before going to dinner, with its large table and umbrella. Wide stairs off the deck open up to the big backyard where the kids can play. A beach cart/wagon to tote the provided beach chairs and umbrella plus adult beach tags. When you return from the beach, you’ll enjoy a full hot and cold enclosed shower. We provide beach buckets in each room to carry your shower supplies to alfresco showering. The grill is ready for an old-fashioned cookout – perhaps while sitting back having a beer or glass of wine as the kids enjoy the private backyard for playing soccer, lacrosse, horseshoes, or more. Bring your bikes and chain them up to the clothes pole when you’re not exploring Cape May.
Our 5 bedroom beach house includes 2 bedrooms and a full bath upstairs plus a rear 2nd-floor deck.
“Surfcomber” is Bedroom 4 and is the corner bedroom with a Queen-size bed and windows on the side and back.
“Lighthouse Room” is Bedroom 5 – a mini-suite because it is similar to a lighthouse, being that it is at the top! Moderate in size, but cozy with its own full bathroom, Queen-size bed, and wall-
mounted LED TV. It can be accessed from inside or its own separate entrance – plus it has a 2nd-floor sundeck that faces the backyard. There is a lock-out section on 2nd floor front which is not used and not accessible to renters.
Continue to scroll for availability calendar.