1045 Maryland Avenue 1045 Maryland Avenue
The Cottage on Maryland Avenue
Scroll down for complete details, rates, and availability calendar. 2 prime Weeks just added to availability! Also take additional $100 off the 4-5 night stays starting 5/29 or 6/10 only!
Enjoy your vacation at this delightful beach house with a great location that is convenient and quiet. Originally a 1960’s cottage, you’ll enjoy just enough of the charm, coziness, and tradition of your memories of trips to the Jersey Shore, yet with all of the modern-day conveniences. The 1st floor has been completed remodeled and the 2nd floor added.
- Ideal location! Less than 300 yards to the beach. 3 blocks to boardwalk. 4-6 blocks to historic district/shopping. You’ll be close to the beach, boardwalk, and shopping, yet on a quiet street with ample free parking.
- 5 bedrooms/2 ½ bathrooms for up to 10 people maximum
- OR from Sept to June only, you can rent just the 1st-floor 3 BR for couples or smaller families of 2-6 people. Same house, we just lock off 2nd floor. Either way, your family will be sleeping in beds and bedrooms– not cots, sofas, or floors like some rentals.
- Some 4-6 night specials! We offer select 4- 6 night stays that are popular with people who want to avoid traffic, save money, or enjoy a day or two at home. Plus 3 night weekends in the spring and fall.
- Well maintained! Unlike most beach house rentals, we make improvements every off-season, so the house is very well maintained.
- Relax! Screened-in 1st-floor porch in the front, 2 decks in the back, plus a nice rear yard for kids to play.
Good News: Renters that rent direct from owner are exempt from taxes per updated NJ law. This saves you several hundred dollars (13.25% state/county/local tax) compared to renting on national websites that must collect taxes. Also no VRBO fees (12%) or realtor administration fees. We suggest you invest your 25% savings in CFAR trip insurance.
As of 5/9/23:
May (Prior to Memorial Day (Memorial Weekend is not available)) On week and one weekend is open. 3-night min.
$1295/ Mon-Fri midweek
$1295 Fri-Mon long weekends
3 BR House
$1095 Fri-Mon long weekends
Summer 2023 $4995/wk. The following are all we have left, including 2
weeks we held back and now added to the availability
Mon 5/29 – Sat 6/3 (5 night special) $1895 OR $1595 as 3 BR house. Could also be 3 or 4-night rental
Sat 6/10 – Tues 6/13 (3 night special) $1495 or $1195 as 3 BR
Sat 7/1 – Sat 7/8 $4995
Fri 9/22 – Fri 9/29 $2395 OR $1995 as 3 BR house
Fall: 5 BR House Rental or 3BR House Rental
Oct. Oct is partially open
$1695/wk.Fri to Fri
$1195/ Mon-Fri midweek
$1195 Fri-Mon long weekend
$1395/wk.Fri to Fri
$995/ Mon-Fri midweek
$995 Fri-Mon long weekend
NOV. (Thanksgiving week may be a little more)
$1395/wk.Fri to Fri
$1095/ Mon-Fri midweek
$1095 Fri-Mon long weekend
$1150/wk. Fri to Fri
$950/ Mon-Fri midweek
$950 Fri-Mon long weekend
You can also view our current rates on the owner’s website with this link.
- All rates and dates subject to landlord’s mistakes/inability to look at calendar
- No pets. No smoking of any kind. No parties. No exceptions. Evidence of
smoking or pets is cause for eviction, loss of remaining days and security
- Max of 10 people for 5 BR house; up to 6 max for 3 BR house. Including
children and infants
- For any house you rent, we suggest renters consider travel insurance since
reservations cannot be refunded. Update 4/29/20 – I’m not an expert at
insurance but ask your provider about different types and what they do or don’t
cover – CFAR Cancel Any Reason Trip cancelation or interruption, medical,
evacuation, theft, and pre-existing conditions.
- After agreeing on a stay and reviewing info on surfrentals.com, we will email you a lease which you return regular US mail postmarked and in mail within 2 days. The amounts specified in lease (about 1/2 rent) is 1st payment with signed lease. Balance, $500 security dep, and $160 cleaning service fee ($140 when renting 3BR 1st floor) are due with 2nd payment on 3/1 for summer rentals. Rates are for payment made by check. For rentals under $2000 full payments is made with signing of lease. If house is left extra dirty and requires more cleaning, tenant is responsible for the service’s additional charges.
- Tenant provides all linens or may arrange for them with a local linen service like Geareduprentals.com or linenladies.com 90% of our renters simply bring them from home. All mattresses are covered with special water proof membrane full encasement covers. More details about the house
The Family Room provides a great place to come together as a family, play Wii, board games or watch a movie on the wall-mounted LED TV with a DVD player with a library of movies. It has laminate wood floors and comfortable furniture. It is bright from the 9 foot sliding door leading to a screened front porch. The screened front porch is great for reading the morning paper before others rise. It has a small table plus a wicker loveseat and chair. At night you can hear the ocean waves in the distance when the wind is coming off the ocean.
“Ocean Breeze” is Bedroom 1 and is in the front corner and has a Queen mattress. It has double windows on the front and a single window on the side. There is a wonderful cross breeze and sounds of the ocean in the distance when the weather is moderate and the AC is off. Also, a full-size armoire for storage. “Palm Plantation” is Bedroom 2 and is the master bedroom in the rear left corner. Light and bright with a Queen mattress and wall-mounted LED TV – plus an attached half bathroom.
“Kids Hideout” is Bedroom 3 and usually where the kids sleep, as I did during the 1960s! Twin over twin bunk bed with stairs plus single bed (keep your suitcases on upper bunk if you don’t want your children to use it.) Nice big double window overlooking the big backyard plus a big armoire to hang clothes or put them in drawers. The full bathroom has a double sink vanity, brightened by a window, and complete with a tub/shower. Next to it is a stacked washer dryer if you really want to do laundry while on vacation but most people just bring enough clothes.
The kitchen has new cabinets and a neat refurbished butcher block table that seats 8+. The adjacent dry bar seats another 2 with dry storage below. The kitchen has double windows on the side and another 9-foot slider, opening to the big back deck. Outside: The back deck is where you’ll want to hang out before going to dinner, with its large table and umbrella. Wide stairs off the deck open up to the big backyard where the kids can play. A beach cart/wagon to tote the provided beach chairs and umbrella plus adult beach tags. When you return from the beach, you’ll enjoy a full hot and cold enclosed shower. We provide beach buckets in each room to carry your shower supplies to alfresco showering. The grill is ready for an old-fashioned cookout – perhaps
while sitting back having a beer or glass of wine as the kids enjoy the private backyard for playing soccer, lacrosse, horseshoes, or more. Bring your bikes and chain them up to the clothes pole when you’re not exploring Cape May.
Our 5 bedroom beach house includes 2 bedrooms, one with a full bath upstairs plus a rear 2nd-floor deck.
“Surfcomber” is Bedroom 4 and is the corner bedroom with a Queen-size bed and windows on the side and back.
“Lighthouse Room” is Bedroom 5 – a mini-suite because it is similar to a lighthouse, being that it is at the top! Moderate in size, but cozy with its own full bathroom, Queen- size bed, and wall-mounted LED TV. It can be accessed from inside or its own separate entrance – plus it has a 2nd-floor sundeck that faces the backyard. Note that here is a lock-out section on 2nd floor front, which is not used and not accessible to renters.
Continue to scroll down for availability calendar.